The game has been rescheduled for October 13th. This hurts us on many levels.
- We now open with Florida, a conference game, without having any live game action. We don't have 9 days to try to tie up any lose ends that we would discover. This is particularly troubling because we have a freshman QB who will be taking his first career snap against one of the best defenses in the country.
- We lose our off week prior to LSU so we now have one week to prepare for them as opposed to the original two.
- We play 12 consecutive weeks. No time to allow nicks and dings to heal and no time to let guys rest and recharge.
- La Tech will now catch us mid-season so they will have seen all our film and they also provide a nice opportunity for us to get caught as a trap game if we overlook them in anticipation of LSU.
- No college football fan should have to wait an extra week and a half after clamoring for their season to start for 8 months. At this point 9 days feels like 30 days.
Why does anyone schedule games along the Gulf Coast in September? I remember this happening to texas back in '04 when they were to play Southern Miss.