Thursday, January 26, 2012

2012 Season Schedule

This was announced several weeks ago but I just realized I had not weighed in on it....
2012 Football Schedule

09/01 - McNeese St
09/08 - Florida
09/15 - @ SMU
09/22 - OPEN
09/29 - Arkansas
10/06 - @ Ole Miss
10/13 - OPEN
10/20 - LSU
10/27 - @ Auburn
11/03 - @ Miss. St.
11/10 - @ Alabama
11/17 - OPEN
11/24 - Mizzou
  • We're going to fill two of those open dates with cupcakes, I'm sure.
  • The winners of four of the last six national championships are on that list.
I'd have to go back to the media guides to find out when the last time we played a conference game in week two was - but we need to get used to it - that is the way of the SEC. And it looks like the Florida Gators will be the first SEC game in school history, and it will be nice to have them at Kyle Field....which is going to be rocking all season long.

My goal is to make one away SEC road trip each season and frankly, this is a tough one to pick. On my bucket list I have road games at 'Bama and Ole Miss BUT I think we're going to knock Auburn out this year....for one reason only....the famous oaks on Toomer's Corner are dying (if you hadn't heard) and I'd like to see them before they die. If not for that Auburn would be much further down on my list.

The other nice little touch I noticed was an AWAY game at SMU. We've played SMU a handful of times since the SWC dissolved but it will be the first time we've played them in University Park in 20 years (10/31/92). Tickets will be scarce because Ford Stadium only holds 32,000. It'll be a nice road game to a stadium I haven't seen and have a nice weekend with the family up in the Big D.

On a related note, Arky is no longer at Jerry's World and looks to be turned into a home & home.

No comments:

Post a Comment